Benefits of Gold Crowns
- Almost completely prevents the reproduction of caries microflora under the crown;
- Due to similar density characteristics with natural enamel, it does not have a destructive effect on opposing teeth;
- Considered hypoallergenic material, have a high coefficient of biocompatibility with the body, non-toxic;
- Increased coefficient of abrasion equal to natural tooth enamel;
- A gold prosthesis withstands significant chewing loads;
- High anticorrosion resistance, antibacterial properties;
- Good castability, ductility and softness;
- Longer life compared to other materials.
Types of Gold Prostheses Made
One piece crown
Indications for prosthetics with precious metals
Products made of gold alloys become the subject of choice if the patient has intolerance to other materials used in prosthetics. Usually these are classic metals – they often contain nickel, which is the highest allergen
- The need to restore the anatomical shape and functions of units of the dentition.
- Allergy to other materials.
If there is an inflammatory process in the periodontal tissues and (or) in the periapical region of the roots, prosthetics with gold crowns for teeth are postponed until complete recovery.