Benefits of Veneers
ВVeneers make it possible to solve problems with the quality of the front teeth without resorting to high financial or time costs. They are a simple alternative to whitening, occlusion correction, tooth restoration, etc.
Benefits of veneers:
- Fast manufacturing and installation;
- Ease of care;
- A possibility of installation on one tooth or several;
- Quick adaptation and lack of discomfort;
- The ability to select the optimal shade, as well as achieve a perfect match with the tooth contour;
- No need to resort to significant grinding of teeth.
Types of dental pads
In dentistry use: ceramic (porcelain) and nozzles made of pressed, alumina ceramics, zirconium, composite materials. All types, except the last, are made according to three technologies: CAD / CAM, pressing, layer-by-layer coating. The result is ultra-thin linings with a thickness of 0.5-0.3 mm indistinguishable from the original. When installed, they cover the vestibular surface and the lower edge.
This is a widespread type of restoration, attracting a budget price and ease of installation. In the direct method, a filling photopolymer with resins is applied in layers and sculpts the shape of the tooth. For external identity, a shade of polymer cement is selected. However, saving money and time, in this case, is doubtful. The linings serve five years, which in the future means replacement and costs. Although they are strong enough, increased occlusal load can provoke cracks or chips. In this case, the use of colouring drinks leads to darkening.
For these reasons, they draw up distal zones. Indirect or orthopaedic veneers are made according to casts. Composites made of plastic are produced by polymerization and double curing. Alternatively, nanocomposites are chosen. They can be polished, shine well, and are resistant to wear and tear. They are comparable in cost to ceramic ones; however, when comparing aesthetic and mechanical characteristics, the latter noticeably benefit.
Zirconia ceramic and veneers
Heavy-duty ceramic tooth pads attract aesthetics. Optical and physical properties are close to enamel and make the smile shine. But the installation will require several visits to the doctor, since the process involves grinding the enamel by 0.3 mm, taking a cast, making microprostheses in the laboratory. Product Advantages:
- biological compatibility with tissues;
- resistance to colouring pigments;
- long service life – 15-20 years.
A novelty in aesthetic dentistry is E.Max veneers. They are made in the high-temperature range by pressing a heated glass. Compared to ordinary ones, they are thinner (0.3 mm) and stronger (400M). With even teeth, grinding is not necessary. Main advantages:
- the absence of a dark line in the area of the veneer to the gum;
- preservation of fundamental properties during long-term operation.
They are made according to CAD/CAM technology, which implies 3D milling on automated equipment and decorating with ceramics. A unique method increases the cost of products, but they are guaranteed to last more than 20 years. Due to its high strength, it is often installed on chewing teeth. Among the advantages are excellent aesthetic properties, colour stability.
How much are veneers in Minsk?
Clinic patients often ask which species is best to order. To navigate the choice, you need to study the benefits, the financial side of the issue. Doctors offer solutions based on the modulus of elasticity, thermal expansion, adaptive properties, colour fastness. It is safe to say that ceramic and zirconium mask serious flaws and radically solve the aesthetic problem. The cost of veneers for teeth is much higher, but the price is due to several factors: the jewellery work of an orthopaedic dentist and a dental technician, and the operation of equipment.
You can set therapeutic, or composite veneers, in one visit to the doctor. Composite pads are created by the direct method – directly in the oral cavity. The composite material is similar to filling, and the manufacturing technology itself resembles the installation of a seal. After the composite hardens, the dentist will grind it per the anatomical shape of the tooth and polish it.
The following installation steps apply to orthopaedic or indirect veneers:
- Consultation. Examination of teeth and identification of problems, consultation on prosthetics. Assessment of the condition and characteristics of teeth and gums using instrumental and laboratory studies.
- Calculation of veneers, manufacturing of a computer 3D model. Demonstration to the patient how the aesthetic effect will be achieved. The choice of material and installation technique.
- Preparation. It means grinding the surface of tooth enamel to a certain depth. Teeth of small size and good shape need minimal preparation. The grinding procedure is entirely painless.
- Scanning. Installing veneers is an individual and very accurate process. The use of impression material is not required today. The dentist scans the teeth with an intraoral scanner and transfers the file to the dental laboratory.
- Manufacture. In modern dental laboratories, a microscope is used for the perfect precision in the production of veneers. With its help, it is easy for a dental technician to achieve the maximum density of the marginal fit of the lining to the tooth, which guarantees a long service life of veneers.
- Fixing veneers. When the pads are ready, the patient is invited to the clinic to put veneers on the teeth. The procedure will take approximately 30-60 minutes per tooth, depending on the number of constructions.
Installation of veneers in Minsk
Preparation begins with the oral sanitation, control of previously installed photopolymer fillings. If necessary, they are replaced with new ones. With the help of the WoxU program and video fixation of the lower part of the face, smile parameters are modelled from different angles, and the colour of micro prostheses is chosen.
The projection is tested offline; after the patient’s consent, they begin to preparetion the teeth under anaesthesia. The task – to remove 0.3 mm of enamel for a snug fit veneer. Then they make silicone prints and give them to the laboratory.
At the time of manufacture of the tooth pads on the grinded tops, caps are put on. Within a week, the veneers are tried on and customized, do the desired transparency.
On a second visit, they are glued with special cement to the vestibular surface of the tooth. For a beautiful smile, veneers are installed on the top ten and eight lower units. At the request of the patient, the doctor corrects all rows and reconstructs the bite. For minor problems in the frontal area, installs 4-6 pads.
What are veneers?
This linings in the form of thin plates of various types of ceramics or zirconia, covering the front surface.
What are the best veneers to choose?
Of the types offered on the market, ceramic ones are popular. They are affordable and have excellent physicochemical characteristics. The only drawback is the need for grinding the enamel before installation. Alternatively, you can choose extruded ceramic. It is more expensive, but if the teeth are even, the preparation is not needed. For premolars, zirconium linings are more suitable.
Which is better: veneers or crowns?
Crowns completely seal the damaged tooth. They protect it from loads and further destruction. The lining plate covers only the front surface and disguises aesthetic defects. If there is a full fill, a tooth that is half destroyed, installation of ceramic veneer is not possible.
How to restore the aesthetics of the front teeth?
In the presence of chips, cracks, curvature, uneven edges, it is better to use the method of artistic restoration and install veneers. In the absence of one or more units, dental implantation is indicated.
Which is better: veneers or Lumineers?
The most elegant – premium segment lumineers. These are the same linings, but not thicker than 0.3 mm. For glueing ultra-thin, but unusually strong petals, preparation is not required.