- Dentistry is equipped with premium equipment of leading brands A-dec, KAVO, Ivoclar Vivadent, Bredent.
- The clinic has more than 130 certificates, patents and licenses.
- The presence of a dental laboratory allows in the shortest possible time to produce crowns, veneers, prostheses using innovative technologies.
- To remove the financial burden from the family budget, we offer instalments to patients.
What is a beam system?
This is a conditionally removable design that stabilizes the position of the implanted pins using a metal arc and fasteners.On the inside of the plastic gingiva there is a hollow beam. When donning the implants, it docked with the arch and snaps into place. The beam fastening is performed depending on the position of the jaw – by screw fastening directly to the pins or through the abutments – adapters for connection to the prosthesis.
In parallel implant placement, a beam made using CAD / CAM technology is fitted onto the rods. If extended zygomatic models installed at an angle are used in work, it is impossible to connect the structure with a screw directly. The basis is first screwed onto the uni abutments, then connected to the “body” of the structure. Dentists consider this method of fastening more reliable due to the exact positioning of the prosthesis. Due to the cost of the adapters, advanced technology costs patients more. For allergies to metal, the clinic offers hypoallergenic dental alloys.
Installation of beam prostheses on implants
|Preparation||The doctor excludes all contraindications if necessary directs the patient to a specialist to obtain an opinion. Based on the results of the examination, a treatment protocol is drawn up.|
|Planning||A conditionally removable prosthesis at full adentia is installed on 6 or 8 implants. With partial adentia, 2 or 3 pins are sufficient. At this stage, the surgeon determines the place of implantation, models surgical templates.|
|Sanitation||Prosthetics with implants is possible only in the absence of cariogenic foci in the remaining teeth. With total adentia, this stage does not matter.|
|Dental implantation||The surgeon implants the pins according to the plan. When choosing a method with delayed loading, the installation of the prosthesis is postponed. When selecting a dental one-stage system for the period of engraftment of artificial roots, puts on a temporary prosthesis. On the lower jaw, osseointegration occurs after 3-4 months, on the upper – after six months.|
|Fitting and installation||The orthopedist takes the casts and gives them to the laboratory. A dental technician makes a metal beam by casting or mills it on a machine. After integration with the teeth, he proceeds to manufacture an acrylic frame in the form of an arc with fixing lock. After 5-7 days, the products are tried on and customized, after correction they are fixed on the supports.|
The price of a beam prosthesis in Minsk depends on many factors. The turnkey service includes the cost of diagnostic and preparatory measures. The amount of expenses depends on:
- from individual protocol;
- the number of implants installed;
- selected detailed system;
- type of fastening – through Unit abatement or directly;
- scale of work;
- prices for materials;
- the cost of professional dentist and dental technician services.
The beam system is more expensive than a push-button system or ball, but the costs are justified by the reliability and duration of operation, maintainability. For problems with the mounting system, it is easy to replace it with new ones. The cost of constructions at a partial absence of teeth is an order of magnitude lower than with a complete prosthetics of the jaw. Compared with the clinics of the city, our prices are lower. With large-scale prosthetics, the clinic offers a discount for patients.
Indications for installation
The system is used in 4 cases:
- With partial and complete adentia on both jaws.
- Refusal of a removable denture.
- During the treatment of periodontal disease, complicated by the loss of units.
- Overload of the temporomandibular joint, provoked by uneven pressure during chewing, causing tinnitus, spasms of the facial muscles.
Before installing an orthopaedic design, it is important to accurately calculate the number of implants for an occlusal load throughout the jaw. Otherwise, bone loss will continue in the free zones. In addition, the pins are overloaded, which reduces the service life. With full adentia, six pieces are introduced from opposite sides and in the middle. With multiple tooth loss, the surgeon offers an individual solution.
When diagnosing, the doctor identifies several limitations. An orthopaedic and dentist an implantologist do not start work if there are absolute or relative contraindications. A prosthesis on beams and implants is not installed with:
- critical bone resorption at attachment sites;
- multiple cariogenic foci;
- gum disease;
- decompensated type 1 diabetes;
- clotting problems;
Denial of prosthetics is given to people with pathological addictions to drugs, mental disorders, with diagnoses of AIDS and alcoholism.
Advantages and disadvantages
One of the key advantages is the minimal risk of bone atrophy in the future. The beam takes on an external load, evenly distributes pressure on the jaw when chewing. This minimizes resorption and preserves bite.
The method has disadvantages:
- long period of osseointegration at two-stage implantation;
- lack of ability to make teeth from ceramics or zirconium;
- prosthetics on implants and probably with sufficient height and width of the gums.
In most cases, implants are installed without prior surgery to restore tissue volume.
How to care for beam prostheses?
The orthopaedic constructions needs daily care:
- To maintain hygiene between the implants and under the beam, dentists recommend using dental floss or irrigator that removes food debris with a stream of water under pressure.
- To maintain the smoothness of the artificial coating, toothpaste without coarse fractions and a medium-hard brush are used.
- To care for the inside, the system is removed and cleaned with regularity once a month.
- After removing the prosthesis, metal elements are treated with antiseptic solutions.
The beam prosthesis has several advantages. Design features distinguish it among analogues. Compared to a spherical system, screw locks are more reliable and durable. Prosthetics provide a snug fit to the gums, minimizes the adaptation period. Patients note ease and comfort, comparable to the feeling of natural teeth. This is due to the lack of acrylic palate found in removable dentures.
The price of a removable denture is comparable to the cost of crowns with multiple tooth loss. The implantation of 4-6 supports for fixing the arc is no more expensive than installing ceramic-metal and porcelain caps.
- If necessary, replacement with removable or permanent dentures is possible.
- The system is easily updated by replacing metal elements and mounting mechanisms.
- The patient can open the locks himself and remove the structure.
- Natural care ensures perfect oral hygiene.
Before and after photos
Equally popular is express implantation with fixed constructions. In the absence of contraindications, the surgeon immediately or within 2-5 days loads the supports with temporary prostheses. The cost is higher than the installation of a beam prosthesis but cheaper than the pins for each crown.
The most budget option with global adentia is a mini-implantation with the implantation of 4 artificial roots. However, the method has a severe drawback – the loss of stability under load, leading to damage to the prosthesis and tissue injuries.
Our dentistry is one of the best in Belarus. The popularity of the centre is associated with proper equipment, services, and highly qualified doctors. In total, the experience of dentists is 195 years. Academic knowledge and experience, training in the offices of companies presenting new dental technologies, contribute to the improvement of professional skills. Doctors provide free consultations and inform popular prosthetics methods, select options for specific cases. For questions on pricing, treatment, you can contact the operator on the site.