Zirconium crowns (an alloy of dioxide and zirconium) in the field of orthopedic dentistry are very popular due to the complex of unique properties. Firstly, despite the absence of an internal metal frame, they are characterized by high long-term strength and are mainly used under heavy loads. Secondly, they have excellent aesthetic properties and have a natural look. Thirdly, they have high biocompatibility and absolute hypoallergenicity for humans.
There are two varieties of zirconium crowns:
- Monolithic – completely composed of zirconium. They are used extremely rarely and only for chewing teeth.
- Classic is a combined version consisting of zirconia inside and facing ceramics outside, mounted on the front teeth.
- The manifestation of allergic reactions when installing other types of prostheses.
- The presence of diseases of the endocrine or circulatory system.
- Significant violations of the integrity of the dentition.
- Pronounced deep bite.
- Mental disorders.
Stages of prosthetics of zirconium crowns:
- In the beginning, under anesthesia, normalize oral hygiene.
- Next, casts are taken, they select the color of future crowns.
- Using innovative computer technology, a crown model is made.
- A special ceramic spray is applied.
- A preliminary fitting of the prosthesis is done.
- If the patient is happy with everything, his fixation takes place.
After installation, discomfort may be felt for some time, in order to minimize it, it is necessary to comply with all the recommendations of the doctor, if after compliance they still did not pass, you should consult a specialist.
Basic rules for oral care after the procedure:
- Mouth hygiene at least twice a day with a paste containing a minimum amount of abrasive substances;
- Use a special brush to clean dentures, use rinses and floss;
- It is not recommended to abuse solid foods;
- For prophylaxis, a dentist check up several times a year.
The formation of the value of zirconium crowns will be influenced by such factors as: the complexity of therapeutic work, the presence of gum disease. Also, in some cases, it may be necessary to install the tab on your own tooth or on the implant.