Orthopedics: prices for prosthetics
Prices for orthopedic services vary depending on the type of procedure performed and are presented below:
Make an appointment or consult
Prices for prosthetics in Minsk are calculated by the dentist at the initial free consultation according to the treatment plan and price list. The amount consists of materials, prosthetics and crowns per tooth, the number of missing teeth, the condition of the gums, bone tissue, individual characteristics.
Types of Dentures
Even with the loss of only one tooth, adverse changes begin to occur in the system. The effectiveness of chewing is reduced, absolutely healthy begin to shift towards the defect and weaken. Orthopedic constructions are used to eliminate defects. They are classified into removable and fixed.
Types of prosthetics
Thanks to convenient locking joints, removable structures fit snugly to the gum, creating the illusion of real teeth. The clinic traditionally uses full removable dentures made of acrylic. If two or more units are preserved in the jaw, they offer partially-removable nylon with suction cups enveloping the gums. They are comfortable, easily fixed and removed.
- Clasp prostheses – it is the base in the form of a metal structure on which plastic teeth are fixed. Installation takes place on the abutment, but should have at least 6-8 of its teeth;
- Nylon prosthesis – an analog of a lamellar prosthesis, where a flexible, translucent, thin material that does not cause discomfort is used as the basis.
Fixed dentures on the teeth or on a special pin ensures their immobilization in the patient’s mouth. Common materials for the manufacture of such prostheses are ceramics and cermets. Metal and plastic constructions are used in dentistry only to create temporary dentures.
- Crowns for a tooth – a type of denture that completely covers the outer surface of an already depulped tooth. Crowns are made of metal with ceramic coating. Before installing the prosthesis, the tooth is specially ground. The crown is suitable in cases where a large part of the tooth has been preserved on which it can be fixed;
- Veneers – a ceramic plate that partially covers the surface of the tooth. They are usually used to restore the front teeth: gentle turning is performed, and dental veneers are fixed with special adhesive means. Composite materials can be an alternative to veneers: this material is applied layer by layer to the tooth or the finished composite pad is applied immediately;
- Bridge prosthesis – it is installed in those points of the teeth where 1-2 teeth are completely removed. It is attached to adjacent teeth, which for this must be turned, even if they are healthy. An alternative is the adhesive bridge: in the teeth make ledges on which the base of the prosthesis is fixed. However, since it is not so resistant to mechanical damage, it is better to use it in the “smile zone”.
Partially removable dentures
Partially removable dentures are recommended by orthopedic dentists in the absence of several teeth, but the condition of neighboring ones does not allow to establish a bridge. A partially removable prosthesis is also used as a temporary solution when the preparation for your design has been completed, but the prosthesis itself has not yet been made. Partial dentures are made from various polymers.
It’s very easy to take care of such prostheses – it is enough to clean them twice a day with a special brush and rinse in a disinfectant solution.
Prosthetics on implants
The technology of prosthetics consists in the implantation of artificial roots in bone tissue, and then in the installation of an appropriate design on it. Dental implants are quite expensive, so the whole process of prosthetics is not available to everyone. The disadvantage is a large list of contraindications.
- Beam prostheses – The base of the prosthesis is a beam. The element takes on a chewing load that goes to the prosthesis and implants. For this, the implants are fixed with a horizontal beam, in which there are places for fixing the orthopedic structure.
How to choose a prosthetics method?
The choice of denture depends on the specific clinical case and financial capabilities. Therefore, only a qualified dentist can determine which prosthetics option is best for you. The method that solved the problems of your friends and relatives may not suit you personally, so relying on even the most flattering reviews is not worth it, at least without careful consultation.
Keep in mind that fixed or non-removable prosthetics has a number of contraindications, so you should warn your dentist about your chronic and other diseases. When choosing a type of prosthetics from your doctor, focus on your health, lifestyle and material component. The best dental prosthetics are those that will provide you with comfort, health and safety for a long time.
Denture installation technology
You can restore your teeth at any age. Restore chewing function and ability to smile. Before prosthetics, the patient is prepared for the procedure. All inflammatory foci are eliminated (for example, exacerbation of gum disease or palatine tonsillitis). If necessary, treated teeth are treated on which an orthopedic structure will be installed (this applies to fixed prosthetics).
Clinic prosthetics are performed using advanced methods and materials. The process consists of 5 stages:
- Preparation of pine teeth under the crowns;
- Production of temporary plastic structures;
- Color matching;
- Trying, installation of the finished construction.
We use the world’s available orthopedic technology. The technical capabilities of the center help to carry out restoration with patented materials using the 3D modeling program. Computerization of processes in the laboratory helps to create bridges and crowns with high aesthetic characteristics with precision to the millimeter from casts.
Why is it important to install dentures as early as possible?
Our experts recommend visiting the clinic twice a year, even in the absence of complaints. This is done in order to prevent possible complications that patients are not able to sense or identify on their own. However, the need to install dentures is not always the absence of premature treatment, sometimes it is the result of trauma or simply a natural aging process in elderly patients.
Be that as it may, do not ignore the need for orthopedic treatment: it is recommended to install prostheses as soon as possible, because otherwise the atrophic changes in the jaw bone will begin.
Indications for prosthetics
Over the years, it has become increasingly difficult to maintain a beautiful smile. Age-related effects worsen the blood supply to the gums. Hygiene deficiency, bad habits, worsen the condition of the oral cavity. Gum disease, tooth decay appear, young people often have lesions, chips.
Dental manipulations with dentures are carried out with:
- for pathological abrasion of enamel;
- the destroyed crown of the tooth;
- aesthetic defects – chips, microcracks;
- total or partial absence of teeth.
Contraindications to the installation of dentures
For prosthetics, there are local, temporary, general contraindications.
Before and after photos
Our dentists conduct a thorough examination, choose the best prosthesis option to solve specific problems, and then build temporary or permanent structures in the dental laboratory.
Can a metal ceramic prosthesis harm?
The materials used in the manufacture of cermet crowns are non-toxic per se, but can nevertheless behave differently in the oral cavity, for example, non-precious metal structures may oxidize over time due to reaction with saliva .
Is one tooth prosthetics performed and what is the cost?
Of course, in our clinic we offer prosthetics even for one tooth, the cost of the service depends on the degree of tooth decay. If the damage is severe, a pin insert may be required. Also, the cost depends on the orthopedic crown. In order to find out the exact cost of treatment, you must make an appointment with an orthopedic dentist.
What determines the color of the prosthesis?
During the prosthetics, the color of the prosthesis is selected and coordinated with the patient as accurately as possible. It should match the shade of the surface of real teeth.
What to do if the prosthesis is dark?
Over time, plastic prostheses may darken from smoking or natural dyes (coffee, strong tea, Coca-Cola and others). To prevent this effect, it is enough to use cleansing tablets at home a couple of times a month.