Indications for laser whitening
Most often it is resorted to by those who have a persistent unaesthetic color of the tooth surface, mainly a yellow shade, due to the staining of the deep tooth layer – dentin. Also, the main indications for the implementation of the service include:
- The color difference of adjacent teeth.
- Change in tooth color with age and with depulpation.
- As a result of staining with food colors.
- Fluorosis (enamel damage from ingestion of a large amount of fluoride).
Despite the fact that depigmentation does not harm the dental tissues, nevertheless, before starting the process, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications:
- Age to 16 years.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Allergic reactions to gel components.
- Having caries.
- Periodontitis during the period of its acute form.
- General serious illnesses (diabetes mellitus, oncology).
- Orthodontic treatment.
- Crowns, extensive restorations in the smile area.
Is laser tooth whitening harmful?
Many are interested in the question: will such a service harm the dental tissues? With proper observance of such conditions as: proper preparation, lack of contraindications, compliance by a specialist with all standards, the procedure is absolutely harmless.
The use of a laser will help you choose the exact level of penetration depth, as well as the duration of exposure. Therefore, all manipulation takes place under close supervision. The beam acts impulsively and locally, without causing discomfort, the formation of a thermal burn of the gums. A small concentration of the whitening gel quickly penetrates, giving the tooth a white shade, without overdrying the enamel.
Before the manipulation, it is recommended to conduct a comprehensive cleaning (remove tartar, plaque), to reduce the occurrence of complications. After the operation to regenerate the upper layer of enamel, it can take several months. In order for the process to go faster, you need to carefully monitor your diet, the quality of your nutrition and use special pastes. Sometimes a doctor may prescribe additional vitamin-mineral complexes.
Stages of carrying out:
- Preliminary examination of the oral cavity for the presence of caries, tartar, plaque and inflammation gums. If necessary, professional cleaning is performed, and problem areas are healed.
- Using the Vita scale, determine the initial color.
- They install rabbers – a device for isolating teeth from the oral cavity.
- Gums are treated with a special compound that protects them from the effects of chemical composition.
- Activating gel is applied to the teeth in the smile zone.
- Each element is exposed to a laser beam for 30-60 seconds. At this moment, the gel components are actively affected by dentin pigments.
- The gel is left for 10-15 minutes, after which it is washed off with water.
- The final stage is the application of a protective fluorine-containing composition, which reduces the likelihood of developing increased sensitivity.