Dental Braces prices in Minsk.
To find out how much the your braces will cost, you need to add up the prices: of the selected braces system, its installation and removal, and price for each visit to the orthopedist.
Braces = System price + Installation + Removal + (Number of visits to the orthodontist * Average cost of Correction)
Dental braces price table
Prices for Braces in the clinic “Dudko and Sons”. Minsk. February 2021. USD.
|Ligature braces||459 USD|
|Self-ligating bracket system 3M Ortho Classic H4||650 USD|
|Self-ligating bracket system DAMON Q||650 USD|
|Sapphire Self-ligating bracket system DAMON Clear||841 USD|
|Removing the bracket system||57 USD|
|Установка ретейнера||76,5 USD|
|Control visit (braces)||11,5 USD|
|Control visit LM-activator (trainer)||11,5 USD|
|Replacing the arch||30,6 USD|
How Braces Work
In the process of wearing, not only the appearance of the bite changes, but also the position of the roots of the teeth, which will gradually change the work of the entire temporomandibular joint and the overall load on the jaw, as well as its relative composition and structure. All this has very serious and long-term consequences, therefore, with triple attention, approach the choice of the specialist with whom you want to start treatment.
It will be extremely difficult to change the orthodontist if the treatment has been going on for a long time. Not every doctor is ready to continue someone else’s work, especially if it is not possible to obtain data on all the earlier stages. Patients from other clinics periodically come to us to change their doctor, but not everyone can be helped.
9 minutes Video that will tell you everything you need to know about Braces Treatment:
Braces for children
The best results in bite correction can be achieved by installing braces for children. The young organism resists possible infections more strongly, the bones react more flexibly to changes in the dentition and fill the cavities inevitably arising during the displacement of teeth in a better quality.
If you start the procedure at the age of 11-13, when the teeth have already completely changed to molars, but the structure of the mouth is still forming, you can confidently guarantee the best possible result. , In this case, the treatment takes from six months to one and a half months years.
Braces for adults
The regenerative capabilities of an adult are more limited, the structure of the jaw is already fully formed and the possibility of a strong correction of the bite is reduced. And the period of wearing braces in adults is longer – from one and a half to three years. And, unfortunately, you will also have to visit the dentist more often.
Sign up for a consultation on Dental braces
Permanent contraindications for the installation of braces include only:
- Complex mental illnesses that can provoke the patient to self-harm;
- Rare diseases of bone and connective tissue.
Most of the contraindications are temporary. After removing the problems with the listed diseases, you can contact the orthodontist:
- The absence of a significant number of teeth;
- Diseases of the blood, immune and endocrine systems in the acute phase;
- Severe forms of bruxism;
- Chronic infectious diseases (eg tuberculosis);
- Oncological diseases of the oral cavity (cysts and granulomas);
- Poor oral hygiene, caries, active inflammation
How braces are installed
The stages of the procedure are conventionally divided into:
Includes consultation, diagnosis, caries treatment and professional oral cleaning. Also at this stage (if there is no room in the jaw to correct the occlusion) you will be given an expander, which will expand your palatine cartilage for about a month. Most often, a gap appears between the front teeth in the process – this is good, because means the expander is working.
Brace system installation
The procedure lasts from forty minutes to an hour and is absolutely painless. The dentist will pre-polish each tooth so that the bonding material can securely anchor the structure. After the braces are glued, an arc will be fixed on them, which creates the necessary effect on the position of the teeth. There and then you will be taught to independently change the elastic rods, if in your case they are necessary.
Depending on the type of system installed, you will need to visit your orthodontist either every three to four weeks, or once every two to three months to inspect and replace functional parts of the structure. This stage is the longest and usually takes from one to two years. During this period, the appearance of headaches associated with the pressure of the diverging teeth is possible. Be sure to tell your dentist about them, he may be able to help you. Remember the benefits of the path you started. As a result, you will get not only an even smile and a beautiful face shape, but also strong, strong teeth.
Removing the structure
One day, the braces will finally be removed. You will definitely not forget the bliss of this moment!) The dentist will remove the bonding material and do a professional cleaning.
Fixing the result
In order for the teeth to remain in place after bite correction, you will most likely need to wear a permanent or removable retainer for some time. It will need to be worn for about a month.
Braces care rules
Obviously, braces create additional difficulties for cleaning teeth and the requirements for compliance with the rules of hygiene for patients undergoing orthodontic treatment are an order of magnitude higher. To prevent the teeth from deteriorating during the bite correction, observe the following recommendations:
- Clean your teeth and braces thoroughly after every meal;
- Always carry dental floss with you and use it to clean the spaces between the teeth under the arches;
- Use special brushes and orthodontic brushes with replaceable attachments to clean braces and clasps from all sides, above and below the arches every day;
- Get an irrigator – it will greatly simplify the cleaning process and will come in handy even after removing the braces. The cost of good quality devices is from 100 to 160 rubles.
Types of braces
The type of braces directly determines their price, the required duration of wearing, the degree of possible occlusion correction and the frequency of visits to the dentist. Wearing braces requires a special discipline from the patient, because the teeth under the brackets require increased care. Braces are divided according to the material from which they are made, according to the type of attachment of the arcs to the locks and the place of attachment. Let’s talk a little more about them.
By fixing method
There are two ways to fix the braces – ligature and self-ligating. Naturally, the cost of braces with built-in locks is higher, but this disadvantage is compensated by the fewer necessary visits to the clinic and the incomparably greater convenience of wearing them.
Ligatures are small round rubber bands that cling to special hooks on the braces wrap the orthodontic arch and thus connect them. Needless to say, brushing your teeth with a mouthful of hooks and rubber bands is a laborious process.
It is necessary to visit an orthodontist to correct the ligature system once every 3-4 weeks.
Self-ligating are called braces with special locks and without ligatures. This allows the braces to be smoother. The absence of unnecessary functional elements improves oral hygiene, reduces the risk of inflammatory processes, and also reduces the time spent in the orthodontist’s chair and the total number of required clinic visits.
By location type
According to the type of location, braces are divided into vestibular and lingual. This classification only means the side of the teeth on which the braces are located.
More than 90% of braces are installed on the vestibular part of the teeth. Vestibular braces – This is convenient for both the doctor and the patient. Their installation, maintenance, correction and cleaning are incomparably simpler. Let’s list their features:
- Reliable fastening. The anterior part of the teeth is smooth and free of grooves, which gives a more secure fixation of each bracket.
- Low cost. In the front, the surface of the teeth has sufficient area for attaching typical braces, which allows the use of standard factory systems, which are relatively cheap and do not require taking impressions and individual fabrication.
- Save time. When the system is installed outside, both – you and your dentist will have easy access for inspection, cleaning, and correction. This will save you a lot of maintenance time and shorten the overall treatment time.
- Do not obstruct diction
Responding to the demand of customers who want to correct their bite without drawing unnecessary attention to their teeth, manufacturers have come up with a different type of design. Lingual braces were invented, which means – fixed on the inner – lingual side of the teeth. Here are their features:
- Invisible to others.
- More expensive. The peculiarity is associated with the need for individual production of each bracket. Different sizes and relative angles of the posterior surface of the teeth impose significant restrictions on the use of standard systems. You will need to take casts, send them to the factory. All this is very expensive.
- Long and Uncomfortable. The production of braces according to your impressions will take time, there may be queues. In addition, after installation, you will spend more time in the orthodontist’s chair. Just like in the bathroom – in the morning and in the evening for daily hygiene. Cleaning braces is already not the most convenient task, in the case of the lingual system, it becomes much more complicated.
- Distort diction. (especially in the first weeks). There will be less space for the tongue in the mouth and it will take some getting used to.
Despite the inconvenience associated with wearing, customized lingual braces such as – INCOGNITO.
By material of manufacture
The material of the braces affects their visibility and possible functional load, and mainly on their cost.
Perhaps not so aesthetic, but a convenient, reliable and affordable option for people who are not prone to allergic reactions to pure medical alloy. Such braces are certainly more noticeable when worn, but the installation of metal self-ligating braces, for example Damon Q, remains the most popular and one of the most affordable and high-quality methods of bite correction.
Sapphire or “Transparent” braces
Combining durability and aesthetics, sapphire braces are currently the second most popular braces. Especially well-proven – transparent self-ligating braces Damon Clear. They are practically invisible and wearing the staples only gives out arcs. Due to their design features and for reasons of economy, they are most often used only on the upper jaw.
Ceramic braces are practically invisible, as they are produced in a wide range of shades and cope well with most dental anomalies. But still, due to the existence of the risk of breakage, they are used quite rarely.
Like sapphire, plastic braces are highly transparent, but rather fragile, short-lived, prone to darkening, therefore they are used exclusively as temporary ones.
Quite expensive hypoallergenic braces. Lacking the advantages of sapphire, they act as a replacement for metal in cases where the use of other materials is contraindicated for the patient.
Braces are a very important type of dental treatment. The orthodontist is responsible for the final result of the treatment, which takes from six months to three years. In order to only get the legal opportunity to install braces, a dentist undergoes a very long additional training and expensive specialized courses in working with each of the systems. Only after receiving the necessary certificates, he can start practice and gain practical experience. There are an order of magnitude less orthodontists than other dentists. And an appointment to good specialists is usually scheduled for several months.
In our clinic, the reception is conducted by a highly qualified orthodontist with 18 years of experience – Alyona Lyubomirovna Khramenkova.
Dentist – orthodontist Alena Khramenkova
FAQ about braces
What are the best braces?
Based on the combination of the following factors: efficiency, reliability, convenience for the patient, the frequency of necessary visits to the clinic, the cost of the construction – we advise you to opt for metal or sapphire self-ligating braces from Damon.
What is the best age for braces?
The ideal age for braces is 11-12 years old. Immediately after the loss of all milk teeth.
Does it hurt to wear braces?
It is normal to experience some discomfort when wearing braces. And people with different pain thresholds, this discomfort can be differently – especially in adulthood. Realize that braces actually break the pieces of bone in your jaw that hold your teeth in place. The bone is then repaired around their new position. the discomfort may increase after each visit to the orthodontist when your brace is adjusted.
But do not forget that all this will pass and will more than pay off when you enjoy your smile every day.
Does it hurt to remove braces?
On the day of removal, using a special tool, the braces will be removed from your teeth. If you feel any pressure, it shouldn’t hurt anyway. After that, all the bonding material will be immediately cleaned and polished.
How to reduce dental pain under braces?
Here we can give you several advices:
- For moderate persistent pain, dietary changes can help reduce symptoms. Eat soft foods like soup, eggs, pasta, mashed potatoes, and yogurt.
- If you develop mouth sores, do not touch them with your tongue or fingers. Use orthodontic wax to cover braces or archwires that irritate your mouth.
- Gargling with warm salt water can relieve pain.
- Anesthetic gels and mouth sprays can be especially helpful at night when you cannot sleep. For example “Orasept” or “Lidocaine”.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers according to the dosage in their description. Usually, for pain in the teeth, preparations containing ketoprofen are taken (Ketanov, Ketorol, Ketorolac).
- In case of severe pain, as well as in cases of detachment or breakage of parts of the structure, make an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible. If necessary, take Nimesulide (“Nimesil”, “Nise”).
What foods should you avoid?
If you have braces, crunchy foods such as apples, raw carrots, and other tough vegetables can damage braces and arcs. For a comfortable reception, invisible mouth guards can be made. But remember to brush your teeth thoroughly and rinse your mouthguard well before inserting it again.
You should generally avoid:
- Nuts, seeds and solid products from them;
- Viscous and sticky sweets such as toffee, caramel, marmalade, Turkish delight, sherbet and of course … no chewing gum;
- Hard vegetables: apples, raw carrots and cabbage, corn on the cob, crunchy bread;
- Popcorn, chips and ice.
- Foods that require careful chewing: white butter bread, bagels and tough meat.
How long should braces be worn?
Treatment with an orthodontist can take about six months if you only need minor adjustments. More often (in more complex cases) it takes 18 to 24 months. The maximum term for bite correction is three years.
Can I get braces without medical need?
Yes. For aesthetic reasons, this is quite possible. The main thing is that you fully understand how long it will take. Therefore, to begin with, just go to a consultation with an orthodontist and evaluate all the pros and cons.
How long does it take to install braces?
For each jaw, this process takes 40-50 minutes. Your orthodontist can split the installation in two steps.
Can I whiten my teeth with braces?
We do not recommend whitening before removing the permanent braces. There is a risk that after removal, you will find darker stains on the teeth under them. But in any case, you need to consult with your orthodontist first.
What is the danger of wearing braces?
The most common reason leading to a deterioration in the general condition of the oral cavity, the appearance of caries and inflammation is a violation by the patient of the norms of hygiene and tooth cleaning. It is necessary to thoroughly brush your teeth under arcs after each meal. Be sure to use special brushes. The use of an irrigator is recommended. Teeth displacement is just the “tip of the iceberg” – the main processes take place in the root area. The formation of cavities and active regenerative processes in the periodontal tissues require increased hygiene requirements.
Why can orthodontists refuse to work with braces installed by other specialists?
In our practice, we have seen a lot. Including cases when some dentists brought healthy teeth to a state – when some of them lost contact with the jaw and stayed in the dentition only thanks to the orthodontic arch. Correcting this “work” is already beyond the ordinary practice of an orthodontist. Often, a joint decision by a council of an orthodontist, a surgeon and an orthopedist is needed to decide how, in this case, to correct the harm already caused to the patient. Also, the cost of such treatment is much more expensive than the usual cost for the installation and maintenance of the bracket system and the patient may not be ready for it.