Fiber splinting is one of the most common methods in dentistry for restoring the functionality of the dentition. The main goals of the otoro are to stabilize tooth mobility and prevent their loss. Of the main causes of the appearance of the pathology, there are: occlusive injuries or the occurrence of inflammation in the periodontal tissues, which leads to periodontitis. For people with severe forms of the disease, manipulation will help consolidate the shaky ranks and prevent the development of inflammatory processes in the gums. Indications for the method have a higher range than just a decrease in mobility.
Indications for splinting teeth
- Neglected forms and non-treated periodontal inflammations.
- Injury to dental tissue.
- The period of rehabilitation after wearing bracket systems, etc.
Methods of splinting teeth
Temporary – set for approximately 1-3 months. It is used at the very beginning of the disease, when the pathology is not yet pronounced. The procedure does not have a negative effect on the soft tissues of the oral cavity, depending on the course of treatment, it can quickly change.
Long-term – different tire installation lasting up to 12 months. The procedure for the manipulation will depend on the individual structural features of the jaw and the location of the patient’s teeth.
Permanent – with this method, the splint system is fixed for a period of 1 year. It does not have any effect on the gums, due to which a stronger effect is provided.
Apparatuses made of strong and durable materials are used as structures: fiberglass, aramid fibers, arch prostheses, crowns.
Types of tires
- In dentistry, splinting fiberglass tape is one of the most used methods for fastening mobile teeth in the oral cavity. After flashing it quickly hardens, becomes very strong, and the laying down load when chewing is distributed evenly over the entire row. Also, fiberglass tape for splinting teeth is appreciated for its aesthetic qualities and mechanical strength, if necessary, conservative restorations can be made. To fix it, it is not necessary to grind, remove nerves and pulp, which makes this type of service not traumatic. If the need for fiberglass disappears, then it can be easily removed, and the resulting groove is simply closed by sealing.
- Aramid yarn (cable-stayed method) is a high-strength yarn, which consists of thin and strong aramid fibers. When tensioned, it holds the elements together. Sealed with composites in prepared furrows. Its use allows you to evenly distribute the load on the affected teeth and fix them well, remaining invisible to others.
- Dental crown – is a “cap” that is installed to save bone tissue from further destruction and to restore chewing function. They completely hide the visible dental part at the borders with the gum and above it.
- Clasp prosthesis is a cast metal frame made of metal in the form of an arc, and is attached with clasp hooks. Its surface is covered with a base of acrylic plastic and artificial parts are installed on it. The main objective of the system is to stabilize the occlusal contacts between the antagonist teeth and the neighboring ones. Thus, the load on the periodontium of the remaining teeth will be reduced and pathological abrasion reduced, the neglected forms of which, as a result, will lead to partial or secondary adentia.
Ways to install the bus:
Removable – used to fix one group of elements or the entire row. Their holding properties are guaranteed due to the different combinations of supporting-holding and flip clasps, and various types of occlusal plates.
Fixed – fix and strengthen teeth in vertical and horizontal planes, forming one block.
The choice of device depends on such parameters as: the degree of gum replenishment, the number of missing elements, the type of change in the dentition, as well as the number and location of the supporting teeth.
Whatever system is used, it must meet the requirements that the latest dentistry places on tires. Firstly, they should reduce shakiness, not interfere with oral hygiene and therapeutic manipulations in the oral cavity, and secondly, have good aesthetic properties.
The decision for the procedure is made by the dentist, when visiting a specialist, the time will be determined and the methods selected on the basis of which the treatment will be carried out.