Indications and contraindications
Aesthetic restoration of teeth is recommended when:
- Correction of the form is necessary.
- Changing the position of a tooth in a row.
- Caries restoration of enamel and dentin.
- If the enamel has changed color or pigmentation has appeared.
- The spaces between the teeth are enlarged.
This service should be used with caution if available:
- The manifestation of allergic reactions to composites or adhesives.
- There is no possibility of isolating the restored part from saliva, which is a prerequisite for this procedure.
- Bruxism is a gnashing of teeth at night.
- Gum disease or extensive caries.
- If the tooth tissue has collapsed by a third or more.
- The presence of deep overlapping incisors.
Dental restoration methods
When examining the oral cavity, the dentist will determine which method of manipulation to carry out. They exist two varieties:
Direct. Its characteristic feature is the implementation of all restoration work in one visit to the doctor. To restore the crown, use photopipers (light-cured composite materials):
- Composites are a filling material with high strength, and its high aesthetic characteristics make it easy to select color, transparency and gloss. It is fixed due to chemical bonds with enamel due to glue (adhesive).
- Compomers – are composite ionomer compounds, polymerized by double curing.
- Nanocomposites are a mixture of several types of dissimilar elements. It is well polished, has color fastness and low abrasion.
Indirect Method. It is carried out in several stages, using orthopedic models, which are made in the laboratory after taking the impression from the patient, while prices for such restoration of teeth will be higher:
- Veneers are composite or ceramic plates 90 mm thick. They replace the outer layer of enamel falling into the smile zone, are made in the laboratory.
- Crowns – prosthetics, used if the integrity of hard tissues has been damaged due to large damage.
- Bridges – removable structures installed in the absence of one or more teeth.
The main stages of restoration:
- Training. Using a special scale, the appropriate color of the composites is selected.
- At the beginning of the procedure, a mandatory tartar and plaque cleaning is done
- In the absence of contraindications and a low pain threshold, an injection with ultracoin is given.
- Old fillings are removed.
- Caries-affected areas are cleared.
- The required area is isolated from moisture.
- The selected material is being restored.
- To give a natural look, the doctor applies a photoactivated composition in different colors and transparency in layers.
- In conclusion, the final modeling of the mold is carried out by grinding and polishing the surface.
For dental restoration in Minsk, you can contact our center “Dudko and Sons”, we will make your smile beautiful and olfactory. For this we use only high-quality materials, the latest equipment.
Recommendations after the procedure
- It is not recommended to eat food within 2 hours after the end of treatment.
- On the first day you should give up dyeing products and smoking.
- If you experience sensitivity from temperature irritants or soreness when biting, you need to see a doctor soon. He will additionally polish the fillings and cover the tooth with fluoride paste.
- It is also necessary to visit a doctor at least once every six months, for a routine examination.
So, aesthetic restoration will help to solve such common problems in dentistry as: irregular shape, yellow enamel, incorrect location and ugly shape of teeth, gap between them, defects of darkened old fillings, if the crown has lost its integrity and original appearance, as well as an incorrect bite.
For the restoration of teeth in Minsk, you can contact our center “Dudko and Sons”, the clinic’s specialists will be able not only to make your smile more attractive, but also to restore dental tissue in case of injury. For this we use only high-quality materials, the latest equipment.