Each person faced with dental fillings. In dentistry, this type of service is one of the most popular. A reason for visiting a dentist can even be the appearance of a small speck on the enamel. After all, any hole leads to tooth decay, pain and damage to the aesthetic appearance of a smile. Filling means the process of restoring the shape and function of a damaged tooth, as well as isolating its sensitive tissues from the entry of microbes and bacteria into them.
Indications for dental fillings
- The appearance of pulpitis.
- Caries formation.
- Mechanical injury to the tooth.
- Tooth wear.
- When old fillings fall out.
The cost of treatment in Minsk is influenced by such factors as: the degree of destruction of dental tissues and the number of affected teeth, the type of filling materials used, the applied restoration technique and the availability of additional procedures. High-quality filling will help to avoid complications in the future. Therefore, the choice of clinic and dentist must be approached with particular care. If you need to fill a tooth in Minsk, contact our center “Dudko and Sons”. All our offices are equipped with equipment manufactured in the USA, Taiwan, Japan. To make an appointment, you can call the numbers on the website or request a call back, we will contact you shortly.
Types of fillings
- Cement. They are made from a powder substance with the addition of liquid acid. After their interaction, a chemical reaction occurs, resulting in a mixture of a pasty consistency, which hardens over time. It may include: phosphates with zinc, silicates and phosphates, glassomers or polycarbonates. Advantages of such seals: low cost, no additional equipment needed, easy to install. But at the same time, they quickly lose shape and crack.
- Metallic materials are metal-based mixtures capable of rapid hardening. There are silver, gold and copper. This filling base is durable and not subject to dissolution under the influence of saliva. But at the same time, it has its drawbacks: a significant difference in color, a metallic taste in the mouth, itching may appear.
- Plastic fillings dentists do not recommend to use for their patients. They quickly wear out, have a strong shrinkage, and can change their color. And also often there is an allergy in the form of redness and a rash in the oral cavity.
- Composites are composed of organic and inorganic substances. They harden in chemical processes, as well as under the influence of ultraviolet radiation. Such seals are placed using special technology, the correct implementation of which guarantees its durability.
- Light – these are the same composites or glass ionomers that are installed using a special UV lamp. Their main advantages: they are durable, aesthetic, easy to install, you can give it any shape.
Depending on their purpose, seals are:
- Temporary, set for up to three weeks. This is necessary to isolate the damaged cavity for a while, while a drug is laid in it, which prevents food and channel infection.
- Permanent, made of the best quality materials, and can stand up to 20 years.
The main stages of dental filling:
- First, the tooth is thoroughly cleaned of caries. Without such manipulation, as well as its improper conduct, the decay process will continue under the seal.
- Then, using latex or cotton rolls, the sanitized tooth is isolated from saliva, saliva ejector is connected.
- In the next step, the cleaned cavity is treated with antimicrobial pastes, which are then washed off with water. And drying is done.
- Select the type of seal.
- After its installation and solidification, they make mandatory grinding, this is done so as not to spoil the bite, with the use of carbon paper. At the very end, the sealed area is polished.
Sometimes, some patients complain of pain under the filling after treatment. If it passed within a day, then this is considered the norm. If it lasts longer, this is already a consequence of poor-quality treatment of the carious region, which requires repeated intervention.
After filling, you do not need special care, but do not forget about simple oral hygiene procedures. Doctors also advise visiting a dentist once every six months. And remember that the filling base has a more porous surface than enamel, due to which it more strongly absorbs various coloring substances from products.