Dental caries treatment is one of the most sought after services in dentistry. According to the World Health Organization, caries is the most common oral pathology. She can appear at absolutely any age. Today, this problem can be easily dealt with using modern methods, whereas previously affected elements were simply deleted.
The main cause of the disease is poor oral hygiene or lack thereof. As a result, due to prolonged contact of the teeth with plaque and food debris, microflora is disturbed, which leads to the destruction of hard tissues and the formation of deep caries. The appearance of the disease is also influenced by genetic predisposition and ecology.
The lack of surgical intervention in the first stages leads to the formation of holes, and subsequently to inflammation of the pulp and periodontium.
Types of caries depending on the stage of tooth decay
- Carious stain. At this stage, a chalky stain appears on the enamel, but it itself remains smooth. If you visit a doctor on time, he will perform remineralizing therapy i.e. applying to the tooth a preparation that contains calcium and fluorine.
- Superficial. The resulting stain becomes rough and pain arises from thermal and taste irritants (hot, cold, sour, sweet).
- Medium. Carious disorders go beyond the enamel, touching the upper layers of dentin. Pain sensations become stronger and more intense. In some cases, there are changes in the nerve bundle of the pulp.
- Deep. There is a lesion of the periopulpar dentine region.
Getting rid of the disease can be productive at any stage, but the sooner you contact a specialist, the more effective the treatment will be, and the faster you forget about this problem.
For the treatment of caries in Minsk, you can contact our dental center. We use only high-quality materials and the latest equipment manufactured in the USA, Germany, and Slovakia. At the reception, the doctor will be able to assess the degree of damage and choose the optimal therapy. If necessary, electroodontometry and radiography will be prescribed.
Stages of deep caries treatment
- Cleansing of stones and plaque, which will interfere with recovery and lead to detachment of the filling.
- Suitable material is selected. This is especially true for the restoration of incisors and canines. On the Vita scale, the color closest to the shade of enamel is selected.
- If there is no contraindication, an injection with anesthetic effect is performed. Anesthesia is used for medium or deep carious formations.
- Using a drill or laser, drill affected areas.
- A sick tooth is isolated from moisture with cotton swabs or rubber dam.
- The cavity is treated with antiseptics to prevent the development of microbes on the surface of dental tissues.
- With severe destruction, wedges or matrices are installed to restore the side wall.
- The treated place is pickled with acid (after it is washed off with water), it is used so that the adhesive (glue) can penetrate deeper inside.
- Application of the adhesive and exposure to its photopolymer lamp is done to better fix the future seal.
- At the bottom of the tooth, to protect the pulp and compensate for the shrinkage of filling materials, place a gasket.
- Perform structure restoration.
- Re-create the shape and functionality of a tooth.
- Grind and polish the seal to remove roughness and roughness, and give it a natural look.