Indications for the procedure
Pulling out a wisdom tooth is recommended when it:
- retinated (cannot cut through on its own due to the wrong growth direction, lack of space in the dentition);
- is not retined, but:
- Incorrectly positioned/offset.
- Badly damaged by caries.
- Prevents prosthetics / installation of braces.
Also, the procedure is shown if:
- retinirovanny or not retinirovannaya figure eight injures nearby tissues;
- its growth provokes purulent-inflammatory processes of the mucosa;
- there are cysts in her roots.
If the patient is concerned about these problems, you need to consult a dentist as soon as possible. The aggravation of the situation will lead to serious consequences, up to infection of the trigeminal nerve, the formation of malignant tumors.
Removing the upper or lower wisdom tooth is contraindicated in patients with:
- 1-8, 36-40 weeks of gestation;
- the presence of stomatitis, inflammation of the oral cavity;
- exacerbation of viral / infectious diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidneys (acute form).
Methods and features of removing a wisdom tooth
In Dudko & Sons dentistry, you can tear out: retinirovanny, semi-retinirovanny and not retinirovanny wisdom tooth. In the first two cases, the patient has to undergo surgery (complex removal), since the retired eights often remain inside the jaw bone or cut out of it, remaining under the gum tissue (in whole or in part).
Complex wisdom tooth extraction
Complex removal is also practiced when a tooth has strong, branched roots or its crown is so destroyed that it cannot be pulled out in the usual way. In these cases, patients must undergo an X-ray examination: so the surgeon will have an accurate picture that will help plan further actions. The operation lasts from 30 minutes to two hours:
- A suitable drug for anesthesia is selected.
- Anesthesia is administered, the doctor expects it to work.
- The gum is cut, exfoliated from the bone.
- If necessary, a hole is drilled into the bone.
- When access to the tooth is obtained, it is removed.
- Antiseptic treatment of the wound is carried out, if necessary, an anti-inflammatory drug is laid.
- Stitches are sutured.
After receiving recommendations for wound care, the patient can go home. The surgeon sets the time for the second visit when he removes the stitches.
If the wisdom tooth is not retarded and not destroyed, it will be torn out in a simple way (using forceps or an elevator). After anesthesia, the coronal part of the figure eight is grabbed with an instrument and drawn out, the wound is treated with an antiseptic. If the hole is large, the dentist sutures it. It takes 20 minutes to complete.
Removing the lower or upper retined tooth costs twice as much as removing an unrefined tooth: the cost is affected by the complexity of the procedure, and in the first case it is more. It also affects the price where the figure eight is located: from above or from below.
So, pulling out the lower wisdom tooth will cost more, because it is almost always performed using surgical intervention: a denser jaw bone, lower eights have more roots, and they are almost always bent.
To avoid complications after surgery, to accelerate healing, you must clearly follow the doctor’s recommendations for wound care:
- refuse food, hot drink for the first two to three hours;
- abstain from smoking for the first three hours;
- reduce physical activity during the healing period;
- do not drink alcohol for the first day (if the doctor prescribed antibiotics after the procedure, give up alcohol for the duration of the course);
- do not disturb the wound with the tongue, foreign objects.
Removing a wisdom tooth is a complex operation with serious health risks. Only a professional surgeon with extensive experience should conduct it. For its successful implementation you need high-quality equipment, including diagnostic equipment. All this is in the center of dental implantation “Dudko and Sons”.
We do our best to preserve the teeth, but if this is not possible, we relieve them painlessly and accurately in order to shorten the period of rehabilitation. Want to learn more about the features of the procedure? Sign up for a premiere on our website or call: +375 17 334 9165; +375 44 545 0910; +375 33 355 6458.