As a rule, a cyst is formed in the deep layers of the periodontium. It is a spherical formation, on top covered with an epithelial capsule, and inside lined with fibrous tissues and filled with pus, dead cells, pathogens. The resulting bubble is constantly growing, reaching a diameter of 0.5 mm to 2-3 cm, which will require an operation to remove the cyst. Almost always, the entire inflammatory process takes place on the upper jaw, since its tooth roots have a more porous structure. Treatment that is not started on time will lead not only to the appearance of unpleasant sensations, but also to serious complications (resorption of bone tissue, the appearance of an abscess or phlegmon, sinusitis), and at later stages, blood poisoning is possible.
Reasons for education
The reason for the occurrence of such a pathology may be:
- deep caries;
- complicated pulpitis;
- against the background of periodontitis;
- difficulty in teething;
- medical negligence;
Symptoms do not appear immediately, but can be in the form of swelling of the gums, pain in the jaw, discomfort during meals. Further, the cystic formation begins, increases, on the surface of the gums there is a tubercle – flux. In the future, the temperature rises, general weakness, headaches, and lymph nodes increase.
Before carrying out the procedure it is necessary to make sure that there are no restrictions for carrying out this procedure, which include:
- heart and vascular disease;
- blood pathology;
- acute respiratory infections;
- first and last trimester of pregnancy.
Basic cyst removal methods
There are two types of treatment:
Surgical: is performed if the diameter of the cyst is more than 1 cm, the tooth is located under the crown, complaints of constant pain.
It is carried out by two methods:
- Cystectomy. During surgery, a cyst with a damaged apex of the root is removed. The main advantage of this method is 100% reliability, but the procedure is complicated and not every surgeon will undertake it.
- Hemisection. It is used if one of the roots cannot be saved. At the same time, together with the cyst, the damaged root with a part of the tooth tissue is removed.
If the tooth is located in the cavity of the cyst or has severe destruction, then, most likely, to save it will not work.
Therapeutic: its main advantage is non-surgical intervention. It is used in the absence of filling material, cystic formation does not exceed 1 centimeter.
This type of treatment includes:
- Dipophoresis – a composition with magnesium and copper is inserted into the dental canal, then, under the influence of electrical equipment, copper ions begin to penetrate into the cavity.
- Laser: despite the careful attitude to gums and teeth, removal of the cyst by lasers is not always advisable, since its beam is direct, which does not provide its exact effect on the damaged area.
- Piezosurgery. Ultrasonic vibrations can not only get into hard-to-reach places, but also cut a bone without injuring the mucous membrane and blood vessels.
To prevent the cyst from appearing again, it is necessary to monitor the oral cavity, do not start caries, remove tartar, and if a tooth is injured, take another x-ray in a couple of months.
If you need removal of a tooth cyst in Minsk, we recommend that you contact our clinic Dudko and sons. Where the whole procedure will be supervised by an experienced dentist. The treatment is carried out at a high level with the use of professional equipment and high-quality materials. This approach minimizes the risk of complications.