Removal of exostosis in dentistry – is common enough. Pathology manifests itself in the form of bone neoplasms on the upper or lower jaw. Such growths not only do not look aesthetically pleasing, but can also interfere with implantation or installation of prostheses. With surgical intervention, all excess bone or cartilage protrusions are removed.
As a rule, exostoses are small, but there are cases when they reached a diameter of 10 cm. In general, osteophyte growth is asymptomatic, the patient may not be aware of its existence for a long time. The disease will begin to manifest itself when aching pain appears in the root canals, due to the pressure that has arisen, and the appearance of a lump in the oral cavity. For diagnosis, a clinical examination is performed and an x-ray is taken.
Causes of exostosis on the gum:
- Features in the structure of the jaw.
- Injuries, bruises, and falls.
- After tooth extraction (if smoothing of the edges of the socket did not occur).
- Inflammatory processes.
- Large growths of bones and their rapid growth.
- The appearance of discomfort and pain.
- In preparation for prosthetics.
- Not an aesthetic look.
- Endocrine system disease.
- Poor blood coagulation.
Stages of exostosis removal:
- Anesthesia is performed with local anesthesia. After in the right place the gums make a small incision.
- Then the bone tumor is removed with a laser or drill and the bone is ground.
- At the end of the procedure, the surgeon joins the tissues and sutures for healing as quickly as possible.
After conducting a medical intervention, it is very rare to experience any complications, but in order to exclude them completely, it is necessary to adhere to the doctor’s recommendations and ensure proper care during the rehabilitation period.
- You should abandon solid foods, too cold and hot dishes, smoking and alcohol.
- To treat the oral cavity with antiseptic agents.
- Take your prescribed medications.
- Reduce activity.
To remove exostoses in Minsk, contact our dental center “Dudko and Sons”. The procedure is carried out by a Japanese-made professional VarioSurg3 ultrasound system.