is a purulent disease that forms in the subgingival and subneal jaw area. This is the result of inflammation of the tooth root. It has the appearance of a purulent sac on the gum.
Causes of flux
- The launched form caries .
- Complications after poor treatment of pulpitis.
- Mechanical damage to the gums.
- Jaw injuries.
- Complications after tooth extraction .
- The consequences of the flu or sore throat.
- Inflammation of the pocket.
If you do not perform surgical treatment, there will be a threat of removal. Ignored periostitis can trigger infection in the entire circulatory system, threatening the body.
Varieties of flux
- Ordinary. Pathogenic bacteria do not participate, but periosteum infiltration is present.
- Fibrous. Occurs after exposure to gum tissue irritants. The periosteum thickens, a chronic form develops.
- Purulent. Appears as a result of the formation of wounds on the gum, where painful bacteria have fallen. It can be an addition to purulent osteomyelitis.
- Serous albuminous. The disease is inflammatory in nature.
- Ossifying . Prolonged periosteum irritation. It is also a chronic disease.
This is not such a rare disease, because many people know what flux is and how to deal with it.
Symptoms of an abscess
- Swollen lips and gums. The face is distorted.
- Severe pain in the area of the causative tooth. When tapped, it gives into the temple or eye socket.
- Enlarged, densified lymph nodes of the head and neck.
- Pathological mobility of the patient element of the dentition.
- General malaise: weakness, fever up to 38 degrees, persistent headache.
How to approach flux treatment in 2019
The method of treatment depends on the location, as well as the form of inflammation. First, the dentist will examine a panoramic picture of the teeth to assess the condition of the root. After which therapy will be prescribed. If you apply at an early stage, you can limit yourself to taking a strong antibiotic, as well as painkillers. The launched purulent form is treated with surgery under local anesthesia. An incision is made next to the diseased tooth, through which all pus is excreted. Then a number of antiseptic actions are performed. In some cases, a section may leave drainage for better outflow of infected fluid. This manipulation allows you to quickly remove edema and eliminate the possibility of blood poisoning. In the worst case, the tooth will be removed. Then you’ll have to think about prosthetics
or tooth implantation
Stages of drug treatment
- Swelling with antibiotics and antibiotics. Selected individually, taking into account the nature of the disease and the patient’s health status.
- Eliminating the cause of the abscess.
If periodic exacerbations are observed, then periostitis becomes a chronic ailment, the doctor prescribes strengthening drugs: calcium glucanate and immunomodulators, vitamin complexes.
Tooth abscess in children
The causes of its occurrence are most often associated with complicated caries. When pathogenic microorganisms, while in the dental tissues, secrete acids that destroy enamel and cause inflammation. It is worth considering that in childhood there is still a sufficiently thin enamel and an extensive pulp chamber, and this contributes to the rapid penetration of the infection inside, as well as an incompletely formed immune system that is not yet able to cope with the multiplication of bacteria.
The manifestation of pathology in children can be expressed by the following signs:
- Raising the temperature to 38 – 39 and above;
- An increase in the submandibular lymph and cervical nodes;
- Refusal of food;
- The occurrence of edema.
After the examination, the doctor proceeds with the treatment of the abscess of the tooth, by opening it, so that all the pus can come out. After this, the child is prescribed rinses to prevent the onset of inflammation, and antibiotics. If the measures taken do not help, the milk tooth is removed. If necessary, the dentist will be prescribed symptomatic therapy, in the form of antipyretic and analgesic devices. To strengthen the body’s immune defense, it is recommended to take vitamins during the recovery phase.
If you do not have the opportunity to immediately consult a doctor, then information on how to anesthetize the flux at home is useful. Rinsing with decoctions of medicinal plants such as sage, St. John’s wort, yarrow, calamus root or strong green tea produce high-quality disinfection, quickly relieve swelling, and significantly reduce pain. This is only a temporary measure that will not cure the disease. Disinfection will help temporarily delay the negative effects. Everyone knows what to do if the adult’s flux temperature rises above 38: take an antipyretic that suits you. Exacerbations will be repeated until the flux is gone.